After a recent merger, Programmed Professionals and Kelly Services are now one of the leading providers of white-collar recruitment services. Together we are one of Australasia's largest and longest serving technical and professional recruitment providers. We are currently recruiting for one of our prestigious clients within New Zealand.
Please click to apply or contact Natalie at Programmed Professionals on for a confidential discussion.
Our Client is a reputable company who looks after their employees. They are currently looking for an experienced technical engineering Operations Manager to join their Auckland team for a fixed term fulltime until March 2021.
Your main responsibilities would include, but not limited to:
- Model safe behaviours across all maintenance engineering projects nationally
- Support all internal and external depot and transport audits
- Secure capital and operating expenditure to meet safety, compliance and engineering requirements, based on sound business cases.
- Provide annual budget forecasts and manage spend accordingly
- Manage day-to-day interactions in programmed and unplanned maintenance to ensure KPIs are met and service to customers is uninterrupted
- Ensures that Elgas meets all regulatory compliance requirements (certification, standards) at all times
- Collaborate with Business Managers, the National Transport Operations Manager and the National Sales Manager to deliver safe, cost effective and sustainable engineering solutions
- Manage all engineering projects from beginning to end, ensuring the company capital expenditure policy is adhered to
- Represent the organisation on industry committees (eg. LPGA Technical Committee)
- Follow all financial and administrative processes as required
- Supports the company's Australian Technical team as required from time to time
The ideal candidate would have the following attributes;
- Ideally you will be a certified Engineer
- Stable and proven experience in operational management
- A good understanding of regulations and standards for LPG facilities
- Experience in engineering project management and maintenance contract management
- Outstanding communication skills
- Solid computer skills
- Dedicated to health and safety
- Ability to travel nationally on a regular basis
You will also be required to complete a Drug and Alcohol screen and Ministry of Justice check. Applicants must have verifiable work rights and eligibility to work in New Zealand.
What's on offer?
Outstanding well branded large business. The role offers a competitive salary and could lead to future opportunities.