St Pius X School
I was employed as the School Administrator at St Pius X, this was a sole charge position. Our
school started the year with 125 students and a staff of 16. In my role I provided the initial
point of contact between our school and the wider community. My role undertook all
administration for the school, which was as follows:
• Providing administrative support to the Principal and teaching staff.
• Full management of Assembly, including regular "housekeeping"
• Running regular reports from Assembly
• Printing, and enveloping school reports and printing all school award certificates
• Ordering classroom, office and cleaning supplies.
• Documenting BOT inward/outward correspondence.
• Preparation of documents for the BOT meetings. Minute taking at BOT meetings.
• Support to Home & School
• Arranging transport to various events.
• Preparing sports draws
• Communicating sport draws via noticeboard/website
• Answering emails, phone calls, message taking and responding to general inquiries.
• Ensuring all messages are relayed in a timely manner.
• Following up unexplained absences by 9.20am and communicating with teachers.
• Contacting parents in the case of student sickness/accident.
• Communicating with BOT and Home and School members.
• Liaising with a variety of outside organisations.
• Preparation and distribution of the fortnightly school newsletter.
• Updating the school website with current changes, including school newsletter, sport
draws, photos, calendar of events.
• Posting to Home and School Facebook as required.
• Liaising with the Catholic Diocese regarding Attendance Dues
• Providing reports, termly, to Health Service Providers
• Communicating with parents regarding students first day, starter stationery packs,
uniform, account set up, Diocese payment options and helping with any other query
they may have.
• Sounding board for parents!
• Liaising with parents regarding enrolment enquiries, and logging all enquiries.
• Keeping up to date enrolment packs, including the school information booklet.
• Processing and maintaining enrolments and pre-enrolment records in Assembly
• Ensuring all students meet the school's enrolment criteria and that all documents are
signed off by the various authorities i.e. Catholic Parish
• Processing and maintaining records in ENROL.
• Communicating with parents whose enrolment application has not been successful.
• Adhering to ENROL and Catholic Diocese regulations
• Updating current "Earlybird register" excel sheet, provided termly, to the New
Entrant teacher and sending invites for our preschoolers to attend the Earlybird
• Collating and forwarding student records where necessary.
• Regular invoicing to families school accounts e.g. fees for sport, camps, buses,
• Printing and sending of monthly statements.
• Following up account arrears and handling any account enquires.
• Receipting all monies and documenting/processing accordingly.
• Preparing coded schedules to Education Services for creditor payments.
• Preparing monthly documentation for Education Services with details of payments
and money receipted.
• Communicating, as required, with Education Services regarding budget increases,
unallocated money and journals.
• Forward BOT meeting schedule to Education Services for payment.
• Collate all relevant documents for the end of year audit.
• Liaise with Auditors.
• Ensuring all account timelines are adhered to.
• Ensure that all resolutions have been presented to the BOT and documented.
• Completion of Funding /Grant application, and forwarding final documents to these
organisations where money has been given.
• Communication changes to Asset Register, purchase/sales and deletions to Education
First Aid and Health & Safety
• Administering of all student medicines.
• Checking that all students "school kept" medicines are current (not expired)
• Preparing medical alert notices and procedures for serious allergies and health
conditions. Ensuring staff are aware of these students.
• First point of contact for general first aid
• Assisting students with sickness/toilet clean ups
• Maintaining medical supplies for the sick bay and keeping accident register.
• Arranging first aid training for staff
• Maintaining first aid kits for off site visits and sporting events/teams.
• Ensuring all visitors sign in/out
• Monitoring the crossing signs.
• Liaising with security and fire department for fire drills and alarm updates/issues.
• Ensuring that all emergency procedures are documented and displayed in classrooms
and lists/maps are up to date.
Cabro Group International Limited
One of the Directors from Knight Group Ltd purchased a company that at the time was
based in Oamaru. Significant changes needed to be made to the administration and debt
recovery processes and I was brought on board to manage and implement these, along with managing the move of the company to be based in New Plymouth. My role ~~~~~~ to
encompass tasks as detailed under Knight Group with an additional focus on sales. I left this
position to start at St Pius X as the school administrator.
Knight Group Limited
Employed by Knight Group Ltd, New Zealand's largest wholesaler of office furniture. Initially
this was in a part-time capacity, to complete daily data input of orders. On commencement,
due to internal changes, I was asked to undertake the weekly payroll; using ACE Payroll for between 35 and 40 staff members and my role rapidly grew to a full time position. I was in
sole charge of the administration system, which had just become computerised. As the company expanded my role developed to encompass the below. In February 2013 the
Company employed a Finance Manager and an exit plan was implemented so that I could
make a transition to Cabro Group International Limited.
• HR Coordinator/Accounts Manager
• Reconciliation of all bank and credit card statements
• Preparation of Daily Banking
• Maintaining Petty Cash
• Initiating set up of new customer accounts, including credit checks and registering
with the Person Property Security Register
• Management of Accounts Receivable, including debt recovery
• Management of Accounts Payable, including bank authorisation
• Monthly statement run
• Placing stop credits and contacting customers as required
• Issuing credits for overpricing or returned goods
• Payroll on a weekly basis - including bank authorisation
• Preparation of Employment Contracts
• Electronic filing of monthly PAYE
• General Ledger entries
• Maintaining Asset file
• Liaising with Company Accountant on a monthly basis and providing necessary
information for preparation of monthly rolling balances.
• Overseeing inputting of Creditor invoices and approving payments
• Calculating Creditor rebates
• Undertaking staff training
• General Administration duties as required to cover for sickness or annual leave
Broadbase Egmont Limited
was a full time position and the administration responsibilities were the same as when I was
previously employed. There were changes to the financial responsibilities, as these were
undertaken by one of the Directors, enabling my role to focus more on clients and as a
support person for the other advisors within the Company. We ~~~~~~ to improve the administration systems and to streamline the Broadbase offices throughout New Zealand.
I was still contracted to Barry Henderson, Barrister. I left this position in April 2006 for the birth of our son.
Abacus Group Ltd
This was a sole
position and was created to undertake the underwriting of all new business written by 3
Directors and 7 Business Associates. Skills required for this position were accurate and efficient cataloguing of all business and meeting strict deadlines. The role also involved being
contracted to an associate Accountant who worked under the Abacus banner. My function
was to check all correspondence received from the IRD, including returns and Statement of Accounts. Both roles required vast amounts of contact with both clients and service
providers and as it was a new role to the company, implementation of systems and procedures was essential to ensure the efficient running and ~~~~~~ growth in this
division. I was approached and offered a position back with Broadbase, hence my departure
from Abacus Group Ltd.
Irving Cave Donahue
Jones & Sandford
Rainbow Ski Area 1997
Ernst & Young - Chartered Accountants
Position: 6 month contract to provide cover for the reception area whilst their employee was
on Maternity Leave
Telephonist and providing relief for the Customer Service
TSB Bank Ltd
Position: Initially as a teller, moving to the telemarketing and Fast Loan division. I covered
many roles during my 9 years with the bank.